Friday, August 19, 2011

CUT MILITARY RETIREMENT PAY?

Here we go with suggested cuts to get our budget under control. Idea (by someone in Washington) - Lets look at cutting the military's retirement system.
WTH? I mean all those Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen are already patriotic enough to have served right? So aren't they willing to sacrafice a little more and let America cut into their measly pension plan? I don't see why not. Its not like they go out and face an enemy thats trying to kill them or anything. Its not like they don't have a love for this country that most Americans can't even fathom. I mean most of them probably wanted to go to war anyway and get to play real life shoot em up with bad guys right? Sure, after seeing a few buddies blown up, losing a limb, being away from loved ones under intense life and death situations on a regular basis might suck after awhile but what the hell.  They asked for it, they got it, so they shouldn't care that after 20 plus years of dealing with that kind of self inflicted sacrafice they give up some security of a pitance of a paycheck. What say you? Doesn't all this sound fair? I mean we could actually give a portion of their retirement to increase our president's pay along with congress (small "p" and "c" intended) right?  JFK did say "ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country." So why not ask for a little more sacracfice from our service members while the rest of Americans sleep through whatever the hell is going on in this country and abroad. Somebody else will take care of things won't they? I don't know, I don't care, I'm getting sleepy, so I think I'll turn a blind eye to all this and catch some zzzzzz, while some Marine stands at the ready in Afghanistan because he believes in these United States. I'm sorry Devil Dog that we here in the motherland have turned on you, but you knew the job was tough when you took it. U - You / S - Signed the / M - Motherfreakin / C - Contract. I love you my brother but I gotta look after me and mine. Damn all your blood, sweat and tears because I'm not giving up my union paycheck until this country collapses. Oh and when it does will you do me one last solid? Stay in the Corps so you can be the defender of whatever freedom I might have left. I promise we'll do everything we can to take care of you. Trust us, you work for the Government.

3 comments:

  1. This makes me sad :( All of the sacrafices that military men and women (and their families I might add) make and this is the thanks they get? Sure sounds fair to me. It amazes me that this is even an issue.

    I like where you said, "Its not like they don't have a love for this country that most Americans can't even fathom." It's sad how true that is. I'm thankful that I've seen and felt that kind of love. Watching a sea full of Marines while the national anthem plays is a beautiful thing. My heart swells and my eyes tear up just thinking about it.

    How about the president and congress take a pay cut! (little p and c intended) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Corinna, I agree wholeheartedly, how about cuts in places like the salaries of the Congress and mucky-mucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. However, my personal opinion is that the one thing the American people won't allow is for the gov't to cut retiree's pay. Although, I know it's currently on the table,it has been on the table many times before when there are talks of budget cuts. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But, I hope not.

    In either case, this is the reason I take my paper dollars and trade them in for gold and silver. When I retire from the Marine Corps IF my paycheck is there, it probably will not be worth the paper it's printed on. So I am taking steps now to preserve my purchasing power and using the power of leverage to create more dollars for me now, so that I can trade them for more G & S. If anyone that is reading this and you want to know how to leverage. Check out numisnetwork.com/apdominguez

    ReplyDelete